Re: ^c now disallowed? (was Re: "cd dir && $(MAKE)", not "cd dir; $(MAKE)")

>> To me there are legitimate reasons why a developer would want
>> "make ; ^c ; make" to work.
>
>I agree.
>
>> If by "key files" you mean "the target of the rule" I _think_ we're
>ok.
>
>I'm thinking that some rules might alter non-target files (like
>config.cache for configure), which might cause problems.

If you didn't interrupt a subconfigure pass, you should be fine.
If you did, you should delete the appropriate config.cache, the
appropriate Makefile, and anything else generated or modified by that
'configure', and then you should be fine.  At least that's my belief.

--Nathanael