Re: popen

I didn't really think that odbc was causing the problem, so I linked in another threaded library and got the same result. I think the general case is that gdb loses it's brains anytime a threaded library is linked in, a breakpoint is set and a popen is passed over. I've tried this with a few safe libraries ( ie. libraries I didn't write ;) ), and this seems to hold up.

Chris Hamilton wrote:

The problem seems to come when I include the odbc libraries included with redhat 7.3. I've included a test .c file that will cause the problem when run with:
cc popen_test.c -o a.out -g -lodbc

Bruce Korb wrote: