Re: [Various] obsoleting the annotate level 2 interface

And the missing features are...?

I've stated them at least 3 times in this thread (which I assume is archived),
but here there are again:

- stability in the MI interface
Um, by stable you mean? Each iteration of GDB leads to changes in both the MI and the CLI. However, at at least with the MI those changes are identified, documented and tested.

- ability to provide a user console with the CLI syntax
People have been working on that. Apple has a hacked GDB where it works NOW!

Note that we haven't started implemented support for MI in GVD, so these are
really the two obvious features. Others may appear when we start implementing
the real support.

What are the gdb front-ends currently using MI ? It would be interesting to
see the state of these front-ends and the problems encountered.
Apple's Project Builder.
The Eclipse project.

The problems they have encountered have been turned into bug reports. See the bug database. The only big one is the console and both Apple and Eclipse managed to hack around it.

Andrew