Re: relocation of shared libs not based at 0

I ran into the same problem:  GDB was calculating that data in a shared lib
was off by a page (1k hex) which was very annoying.  The original patch that
I had submitted doesn't seem to have this problem though so I went back and
re-inserted it.

The following is the code that I put into our qnx specific files.  All I did
then was set
current_target_so_ops->relocate_section_addresses =
qnx_relocate_section_addresses to override the System V behaviour and all my
problems went away.

cheers,

Kris

#include "solist.h"
#include "solib-svr4.h"
/* struct lm_info, LM_ADDR and qnx_truncate_ptr are copied from
   solib-svr4.c to support qnx_relocate_section_addresses which is different
   from the svr4 version. */

struct lm_info
  {
    /* Pointer to copy of link map from inferior.  The type is char *
       rather than void *, so that we may use byte offsets to find the
       various fields without the need for a cast.  */
    char *lm;
  };

static CORE_ADDR
LM_ADDR (struct so_list *so)
{
  struct link_map_offsets *lmo = SVR4_FETCH_LINK_MAP_OFFSETS ();

  return (CORE_ADDR) extract_signed_integer (so->lm_info->lm +
lmo->l_addr_offset,
          lmo->l_addr_size);
}

static CORE_ADDR
qnx_truncate_ptr (CORE_ADDR addr)
{
  if (TARGET_PTR_BIT == sizeof (CORE_ADDR) * 8)
    /* We don't need to truncate anything, and the bit twiddling below
       will fail due to overflow problems.  */
    return addr;
  else
    return addr & (((CORE_ADDR) 1 << TARGET_PTR_BIT) - 1);
}

#include "elf-bfd.h"
Elf_Internal_Phdr *find_load_phdr( bfd *abfd )
{
  Elf32_Internal_Phdr *phdr;
  unsigned int i;

  phdr = elf_tdata (abfd)->phdr;
  for (i = 0; i < elf_elfheader (abfd)->e_phnum; i++, phdr++) {
    if (phdr->p_type == PT_LOAD && (phdr->p_flags & PF_X))
      return phdr;
  }
  return NULL;
}

static void
qnx_relocate_section_addresses (struct so_list *so,
                                 struct section_table *sec)
{
  Elf32_Internal_Phdr *phdr = find_load_phdr(sec->bfd);
  unsigned vaddr = phdr?phdr->p_vaddr:0;

  sec->addr    = qnx_truncate_ptr (sec->addr    + LM_ADDR (so) - vaddr);
  sec->endaddr = qnx_truncate_ptr (sec->endaddr + LM_ADDR (so) - vaddr);
}