Re: Question on GDB debug trace synchronization

Hello,
I am new for the GDB. I met a problem when I debug my user level library by
using DDD on Linux (backend is GDB). I couldn't solve it.
When I trace several layers of the functions, the source code and binary
code not synchronized, (it synchronized at first time). After I change some
code, rebuild my library, it not synchronize any more. I deleted all the
object files manually, recopy entire directory tree, rebuild it, but still,
not synchronized. Could someone tell me what cause this problem and how to solve it?
Can you provide more details? Such as an example using the GDB console.

A wild guess, based on you mentioning libraries, is that GDB doesn't notice that the shared library changed across runs and forgot to re-load those symbols.

Andrew