Re: [ECOS] Can't connect to remote Evaluator 7T

> Here is the contents of gdblog.txt :
> w +$Hc-1#09
> r <Timeout: 2 seconds>
> w $Hc-1#09
> r <Timeout: 2 seconds>
> w $Hc-1#09
> r <Timeout: 2 seconds>
> w $Hc-1#09
> r <Timeout: 2 seconds><Timeout: 2 seconds>
> w -
> r <Timeout: 2 seconds>
> w -
> r <Timeout: 2 seconds>
> w -+$qC#b4
> r <Timeout: 2 seconds>
> w $qC#b4
> r <Timeout: 2 seconds>
> w $qC#b4
> r <Timeout: 2 seconds>
> w $qC#b4
> r <Timeout: 2 seconds><Timeout: 2 seconds>
> w -
> r <Timeout: 2 seconds>
> w -
> r <Timeout: 2 seconds>
> w -+$qOffsets#4b
> r <Timeout: 2 seconds>
> w $qOffsets#4b
> r <Timeout: 2 seconds>
> w $qOffsets#4b
> r <Timeout: 2 seconds>
> w $qOffsets#4b
> r <Timeout: 2 seconds><Timeout: 2 seconds>
> w -
> r <Timeout: 2 seconds>
> w -
> r <Timeout: 2 seconds>
> w -+
> End of log

> What is strange is that if I quit gdb and then launch kermit at once
> without resetting the board, then redboot is there responding to
> commands such as 'version'. It looks like if redboot is prepared to
> execute basic commands but not to talk to gdb...
> About the serial settings, I did not find any gdb command allowing to
> change anything but the baudrate. I know that the speed is correct
> (38400) but have no idea concerning the others parameters (parity,
> etc.).

Hmm, this is all very familiar. Are you using a linux host? What version?
I have seen this intermittantly on my RH 7.3 box. I cannot reproduce it
on a windows or Solaris box. It looks like a serial driver problem, but
I haven't had time to track it down...

--Mark