Re: [maint] The GDB maintenance process

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 02:01:14PM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>Red Hat makes sourceware available as a public service.  It funds it
>rather than owns it.  The machine is adminstered by a group of overseers
>(chrisf and jasonm are two).

I know that Jason likes svn but I haven't used it.  I'm not sure that it
would be easy to convince me to spend any time trying to convert
everything to a new source control system.  CVS is nice because it lives
everywhere and is a known commodity.  Do we really want to think about
the headache of having people set up svn (or arch, or whatever) if they
want to develop with gdb?  Do we want to make gdb's repository separate
from, say, cygwin's or newlib's?  Seems like a lot of tricky work to me.

cgf