Re: [maint] The GDB maintenance process

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 08:55:21AM +0200, Zaretskii Eli wrote:

> This message was scanned for viruses and other malicious code by PrivaWall.
>

> This mail was sent from ELTA SYS LTD.

I wouldn't have suggested this if I really thought that would happen.

> Does anyone remember that latest GCC releases are practically unusable
> for any production-quality work due to bugs?  Does anyone even care?

And for the record, while I'd say that was true for 3.0, it was _not_
true for 3.1 or 3.2 or 3.2.1/3.2.2, which I consider production quality
compilers; and it won't be true for 3.3 either.

> Of course, if contributors are frustrated by the slow review rate, let's
> try to improve that (see my other mail).  But let's not obscure our view
> of the problem by discussing abstract issues of ``progress''.  An
> official release every 3 months is more than enough progress for my
> taste.

Not if there's nothing much new in it.  Which is a bit of an
exaggeration, before anyone calls me on it - but still pretty well
expresses my point.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz