Re: command line interface

From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
To: liu lijuan <lljchina at hotmail dot com>
CC: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
Subject: Re: command line interface
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 15:20:39 -0500

> Does the communication between gdb and compiled-in target simulator
follow any rules? for example,there is "remote debug interface " between gdb and ARMulator,and "remote serial protocol"between gdb and remote target.
> the compiled-in simulator receive the command from gdb command line
interface and return the info to gdb.how to deal with the procedure?Is there any protocol?

`it depends'

A few, but not many, simulators allow sim specific commands via the
`sim' command prefix. The MIPS is one, I don't think the arm is one
though.

Andrew

I don't understand your answer very clearly.Do you mean that gdb transfer command to simulator via "sim <command>"? What I want to say is how gdb and simulator deal with their commands .for example, when you open a exec file to debug,then connect this to simulator via "target sim",then load this file to simulator,at last you can debug it with all kinds of commands.I just want to make this procedure clearly.How can gdb and simulator identify the commands from one to another?

与联机的朋友进行交流,请使用 MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com/cn