Re: about gdb's compiled-in simulator

From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
To: liu lijuan <lljchina at hotmail dot com>
CC: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
Subject: Re: about gdb's compiled-in simulator
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:08:06 -0500

> After gdb get the commands from keyboard,does gdb put these commands
into a cmd_buffer,and then gdb and compiled-in simulator access the cmd_buffer together?
> Or does gdb and compiled-in simultor have any rules about the request
and reply of commands ? Thanks for your help!

GDB calls:

include/gdb/remote-sim.h:sim_do_command()

with the command string in a buffer.  There isn't any expected return
value (the command can't fail).

Andrew

what you mean is that gdb call sim_do_command() to deal with the commands in command line which send to simulator.But after disable this function in all files like this //sim_do_command(),then I recompile cross-gdb,and it can work normally
and gdb and simulator can deal with commands as usual.So I still feel puzzled how simulator identify the commands from gdb command line.
please can you tell me why?
Thanks!
liu