Re: ser-tcp ser-unix question

Quoting Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>:

> > We're trying to make a new file to define how should gdb connect to a
> > simulated UART, as I said before. Forget the other question.
> > I see that there are three files called ser-tcp.c , ser-unix.c , ser-pipe.c
> ,
> > and also a pair called ser-something.c.
> > In configure.in from gdb there's a point in which SER_HARDWIRE =
> "ser-unix.c
> > ser-tcp.c ser-pipe.c" is shown. But, I'm trying to configure this (just for
> > probe) with SER_HARDWIRE = "ser-unix.o ser-tcp.o ser-pipe.o ser-simuart.o"
>
> > with no results.
> >
> > I would like to do a new ser-simuart.c file , with all the methods to
> > send-receive data to a simulated uart. So I could connect easily gdb to a
> > software board simulator that reads/writes to a simulated UART. Before I
> make
> > this ser-simuart.c file, how should I integrate this with the rest of the
> gdb
> > code? Should I do something more or just a new file?
>
> Add the new file.  Modify the serial.c code so that it recognizes and
> selects the new device (you mentioned this in your previous e-mail).
>
> Get an FSF assignment.
>
> Andrew

thanks!
When i've made this , what should I do to build the gnu tools with the new
file? I've tried to add ser-sim.c to configure.in (which is my file) in the
line : SER_HARDWIRE = " ser-tcp.o ser-unix.o ser-pipe.o" , but eventhough I
wrote SER_HARDWIRE = " ser-tcp.o ser-unix.o ser-pipe.o ser-sim.o",and then
runned configure the makefile remains unaltered at this point(ser-sim.o ,
nowhere, the other yes). What I'm doing wrong? These ser-* files seems a
little bit strange to me, because they're not included in any other file, so I
thought that the only relation with the rest of gnu comes by the configure
file.

Where could I get an FSF assignment?

Thanks again!
Miguel.