Re: gdb: fatal: libncurses.so.5: open failed: No such file or dir ectory

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 09:52:23AM -0800, Mary Burak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed gdb 5.3 on a Solaris 2.8 machine by running:
>
> ./configure
> ./make
> ./make install
>
> No errors were encountered during any of these runs.  I set my CC to gcc,
> then ran gdb as root and received the error:
>
> ld.so.1:  gdb:  fatal:  libncurses.so.5: open failed: No such file or
> directory
> Killed
>
> I don't have the libncurses.so.5, and can't find it for Solaris, only Linux.
> I searched the gdb web site, but didn't see anything that says what to do
> about this.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If the gdb binary references libncurses.so.5, you probably do have it
on your system somewhere that GCC is set up to search.  Check
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH and similar variables from the user account where you
built GDB.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz