A brief analysis of the arm-elf failures for gdb

Running the gdb testsuite on an arm-elf configuration and with current gcc
shows just 20 failures.  I've done a brief analysis of these below, it
appears that most of the problems are related to the testsuite itself,
rather than gdb.

FAIL: gdb.base/args.exp: correct args printed
FAIL: gdb.base/args.exp: correct args printed, one empty
FAIL: gdb.base/args.exp: correct args printed, two empty

These tests fail on a simulator because the framework omits the steps
(gdb) target sim
(gdb) load
before trying to run the program.

FAIL: gdb.base/huge.exp: print a very large data object

This loads an application over the stack space.  Consequently, when it
runs the data area is clobbered by stack writes and we fail to get the
desired output.  Is there an easy way to disable this test?

FAIL: gdb.base/ptype.exp: ptype t_char_array
FAIL: gdb.base/ptype.exp: ptype func_type

Neither of the above types are emitted in dwarf2 debug formats by gcc if
they are not used.  We need some data object with that type to make this
test useful.

FAIL: gdb.base/store.exp: next field 1
FAIL: gdb.base/store.exp: next field 2
FAIL: gdb.base/store.exp: next field 3
FAIL: gdb.base/store.exp: next field 4

The debugger is stopping on the line after the return statement (the
closing brace for the function).  If this is a bug at all, then it is most
likely in gcc.

FAIL: gdb.c++/anon-union.exp: print w 1
FAIL: gdb.c++/anon-union.exp: print z 1
FAIL: gdb.c++/anon-union.exp: print w 2
FAIL: gdb.c++/anon-union.exp: print z 2
FAIL: gdb.c++/anon-union.exp: print w 3
FAIL: gdb.c++/anon-union.exp: print z 3

Not sure what these are (c++).

FAIL: gdb.c++/templates.exp: ptype T5<int>
FAIL: gdb.c++/templates.exp: ptype t5i

The information appears to differ only in white space from the "new with
unsigned int" pattern.  The pattern expects func<space>( and gdb is
emitting func(.

FAIL: gdb.mi/mi-var-display.exp: get children local variable weird
FAIL: gdb.mi/mi1-var-display.exp: get children local variable weird

Don't know about these two.

R.