Re: gdb/regformats

I was looking at this directory and wondering what it's used for.  I see
that gdbserver uses the reg definitions but I didn't see if/how gdb does.

`A long term plan' is for remote.c to read them and, hence, allow run-time changes to the remote packet layout.

The reason is that our OS stores its i386 general purpose registers in a
different order than gdb does so in our tdep file we have to map them.  I
was wondering if the regformats file might provide a more elegant way of
doing it.

That mapping should be performed in the *-nat or *-remote file.

Andrew