Re: breakpoint commands and finish

At 02:04 PM 4/14/2003, Joel Brobecker wrote:
[Grrr, sorry, this is what happens when you are in a hurry, and try
taking a few shortcuts to save some time :-(. Here is the complete
answer I wanted to send:]

> What should be the behavour of the following?

Somebody asked the very same question maybe just a couple of days ago,
on this very same mailing list. To get the answer to your question, you
should search the mailing list archives, or read the GDB documentation.

I did read the GDB documentation and the documentation for finish does not describe the behavior.

From http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb_6.html#SEC29

finish
Continue running until just after function in the selected stack
frame returns. Print the returned value (if any).

It would be nice if you could point out in the documentation where the
restriction is noted.  I missed the previous message when scanning the
archive, sorry.

--
Matt Thomas               Internet:   matt at 3am-software dot com