Re: gdb/1180: gcc bug or gdb bug?

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 10:21:32PM -0400, Elena Zannoni wrote:
> Michael Elizabeth Chastain writes:
>  > Hi guys,
>  >
>  > Can I get someone to look at gdb/1180 and say whether it's a
>  > gcc bug or a gdb bug?
>  >
>  > gcc changed its debugging output and gdb doesn't like the new output.
>  > I need to decide whether to file a PR against gcc about it.
>  >
>  > Michael C
>  > Whiney QA guy
>

> This seems like a gcc debuginfo problem to me. There is a lexical
> block for the innermost block but not for the middle one.

Looks like that to me too.  Michael, I believe this was caused by one
of Zack's patches; I told him about it last week and he hasn't had time
to look at it.  I recommend filing a GCC PR, and including the
changelog entry for the responsible patch - since you've already got it
narrowed down quite precisely!

--
Daniel Jacobowitz