Re: Deprecate dwarf and mdebug support, delete nlm?

On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 12:41:29AM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> Deprecate dwarf and mdebug support, delete nlm?
> .
> .
> .
> Any one even got an idea as to the consequences?

dwarf:

We got a bug report (with patch, that I need to look at...) for a Diab
compiler that emits DWARF 1.  There are still widely used DWARF
hardware debuggers, too - not a big deal for us, just a reference
point.

I'd say deprecate it.

mdebug:
Joel's been actively fixing bugs in this as I recall.  Tru64 uses it.
I don't think we can do that just yet.

nlm:
Just make it go away...

--