Re: Catchpoint in GDB/MI

> On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 10:50:47AM -0400, Alain Magloire wrote:
> > Bonjour
> >
> > 	Anyone working on putting catchpoints in GDB/MI.
> > If yes what is the semantics.
> > If no what is the best semantic?  Completely OOB:
> >
> > -catch load
> > ^done
> >
> > *stop,reason="shared-loaded",shared="libm.so"
>
> Do we even have any targets besides HP/UX where shared library
> catchpoints _work_?

Probably none, in the gdb source tree.  For example, catching exceptions
is probably compiler dependent 8-( .. I think.  Do remember Daniel Berlin
proposing a scheme for gcc long long time ago, could not retrace the email
though ... darn!

> We need to fix them before we talk about their MI
> syntax, IMO.  Similarly for most of the others.

True, but there are a lot of MI commands that are define but
not implemented in the current tree or rather can not be implemented
in a clean way to be submit back.  So not all gdb/mi are equal depending
on the distribution.  But having the MI framework already in place is
a good step in normalizing(sp?).