Re: GDB 6

> > What exactly do you mean here?
> > Annotations Level 2 will stay in gdb for version 6.0?
> > This would truly be a great thing.

> It won't have been deleted (but it would continue to be on notice).

Will GDB 6 have annotation level three? The patch that you posted (2003-03-11)
doesn't appear to have been applied yet.

I might have lost the plot a bit. I initially checked out interps-20030202-branch
but, after some difficulty, I moved to HEAD and found that things like

-interpreter-exec console cli-command

 and

interpreter mi -<mi-command> <mi-args>

were present there also. Am I in the right place?

In the past you have suggested that (in the fullness of time)

> The events [annotations] remain (target changed, breakpoint created, ....).
> The markups are removed (*-{begin,end})

I've got my head round variable objects and think that they might map on to
alists and the Emacs speedbar quite well. This means I can avoid the
annotations that mark up displayed expressions. However, the proposed patch
also removed some event annotations e.g source, query. I would like these to
stay. Here is a revised and reduced list of annotations that I think I could
work with:

frames-invalid
breakpoints-invalid
pre-prompt