Re: ui-out question

> I'm thinking that the from_tty might be useful for functions that want to
> silently call other functions regardless of the overall setting.
Something
> like ui_out_push_output_state(0), ui_out_pop_output_state() would work for
> temporarily shutting down output in this case which I believe is somewhat
> rare.

In re-reading this, I realize that it's not clear what I meant.  The only
time one might need from_tty to be different from what has been used
throughout that session would be if a function had a specific desire to make
a silent call.  Since I believe this to be a rare case (correct me if I'm
wrong), the push/pop thing would shut off the output temporarily,
eliminating the need for passing from_tty about.

cheers,

Kris