Re: tracking "next" failure?

How in the world do you go about finding out why:

   Breakpoint 1, main () at .../testsuite/gdb.base/all-types.c:35
   35          dummy();
   (gdb) next

   Program exited normally.
   (gdb) FAIL: gdb.base/all-bin.exp: continuing after dummy()

loses control of the application? I'm getting completely lost.

I suspect that this is responsible for the bulk of the gdb test
failures on alpha at the moment.

Set a breakpoint on *_saved_pc_after_call, and then use nexti.

The loss of control is likely from a dud return address (used for setting the return breakpoint) being computed when the the code is first stepped into dummy(). The other is (hmm, alpha) something going wrong with software single step?

Andrew