Re: [rfc] cp-symtab.c?

David Carlton writes:
 > Elena and I were recently talking about moving
 > make_symbol_overload_list and friends from symtab.c to some C++ file.
 > It's not obvious to me where to put it, though; should I create a new
 > file "cp-symtab.c" for that?  If so, should I move the parts of
 > cp-namespace.c that deal specifically with symbol lookup (all the
 > functions in there with "lookup" in their name, I guess) to that file
 > as well?  My opinion is that the answer to both questions is "yes",
 > but I wanted to check with other people first.
 >
 > David Carlton
 > carlton@math.stanford.edu

I would hold back on the new file, *for now*. I think cp-support.c
would work.  Doing a grep for ^lookup_ in *.c throws up too many
things that are not clearly symbol table related, but for instance
gdbtypes and charset related. My guess is that the term 'lookup' has
been abused, and we should introduce something more qualifying in the
function names.

elena