debug with /procfs on x86/alpha linux

Hi,
I look up gdb mailing-list thoroughly,
but I can't find any link by which I can submit my email.
Sorry, I send directly the email to this mail address.
I'm not a spammer.

I've pretty much hit a wall on multi-proc debugging, so I will have to ask for help now.
I want to debug multi-processes on linux/SMP with a single gdb.
The /proc filesystem of Gnu/Linux is much powerless than Digital-Unix's.
I can debug multi-proc on alpha/Digital-Unix with /procfs interface.Certainly, the debugger is dbx, not gdb.

Please!
Can /procfs Linux support gdb?
Can gdb support the programming environments of  SMP?