Re: Updating to Autoconf 2.5x

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 21:37, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.com> writes:
>

> > Now, if the folks at CodeSourcery really don't care that you slap the Red
> > Hat name on one more thing, I would withdraw my objection TEMPORARILY.
> > But I'd really like for the projects that develop code that belongs to
> > the FSF use neutral names.
>
> I personally do not care one bit what domain name the mailing lists
> are attached to.

CodeSourcery is agnostic with respect to the domain name used for the
mailing list.

[However, I do think it's odd that the FSF worked so hard to get GCC to
come from gcc.gnu.org, but binutils and lots of other GNU stuff still
comes from sources.redhat.com.]

If someone wants to set up the list on another machine, go for it.
CodeSourcery won't object if it's @gcc.gnu.org, @redhat.com,
@microsoft.com, @sco.com, or anything else.

Zack took proactive action to try to move towards solving an important
problem.  He set up a short-term list to try to involve people in an
open discussion about what needed to be done.  I'm disappointed that the
hand.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC