source with inlined assembly

Hi,

I am investigating the best way to show the user assembly code via my
front end called cgdb. It appears that there is a disassemble function
that will get the assembly code.

Is there any way to nicely show to the user the source with the assembly
inlined between the source lines? Can I ask gdb for the assembly for 1
source line of code? Then can I ask it the assembly for every source
line of code in a file?

What is the mechanism for doing this with a front end? I really want to
stay away from parsing the output of the disassemble command to try to
guess which assembly lines go with the source code.

Also, if up till now there is only a disassemble function and this
doesn't supply a front end with what I am asking for, does this seem
like a good feature to add to the mi command set?

Thanks for your time,
Bob Rossi