Re: GDB and Java

On 18 Jul 2003 10:28:54 -0600, Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> said:

> Ok, I've tried cvs head today.  I'm debugging a large java application
> that consists of about 90 shared libraries (not including libgcj).

> I can consistently make gdb crash like this:

> ../../src/gdb/dwarf2-frame.c:1032: internal-error: sect_index_text not initialized
> A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
> further debugging may prove unreliable.

This is probably the same unfortunate interaction between anonymous
objfiles and the new DWARF 2 frame stuff that Daniel noted in
conjunction with another patch of mine.  I think
<http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2003-07/msg00264.html> is
supposed to cure it, so give that a try.  Is that patch, or a variant,
supposed to go into 6.0?  This argues that it had better go in.

David Carlton
carlton@kealia.com