gdb and shared libraries

Hi all,

I am running the 5.3.90-2003_06_29-cvs-debian version of gdb and STILL i have
problems with breakpoints in shared libraries...

The problem is that you can set a breakpoint in a library but if you restart
the program all breakpoints in that library are lost (i.e. gdb knows about
them but seems to have disabled them).

Now I know that you are going to say that the library gets unloaded and hence
the breakpoint cannot be set ... but it seems that gdb tries to set them
because I get messages that It cannot set a shlib breakpoint.

Now I wonder if it is really that difficult to remember over gdb restarts that
breakpoints were set for a certain library and once that library get reloaded
set the breakpoints again.

1. without the messages that it cannot set them
2. without appearing to forget that the breakpoints were active ..

I say STILL because the problem has existed in all 5-versions I know of but
did not exist in the last 4-version.