Re: testsuite: FAILs in funcargs.exp

There is a long comment about this starting at line 137 of
gdb.base/condbreak.exp.

gdb prints '0xNNNNNNNN in function' when the instruction pointer
does not map to the first instruction of a line.  This is a common
issue when the function is nearly empty, like call6k or hitbottom.

It's a real bug with the gcc line number notes, but it's so harmless
to users that I would not bother to fix it.

FYI, It's harmful to users. If the prologue isn't correctly skipped parameters are likely not where GDB expects them and that will lead to to GDB printing bogus parameter values. As a developer I know that an extra 'next' gets a round the problem vis:
(gdb) break main
(gdb) run
breakpoint at 0x1234 in main (argc=123455, argv=0)
(gdb) print argc
$1 = 123455
(gdb) next
(gdb) print argc
$2 = 1
but that isn't ok for users.

> BTW I am working on an 'empty.exp' test script to test a variety
> of empty functions and their line number notes.

That would be useful.

Andrew