Re: how are debug registers supposed to work?

So, the CPU is generating a debug exception, and I am catching it.  it's
just not happening when I want or expect it to happen.  The same thing
happens for program instruction fetches.  It doesn't break.

I stuck in all the wbinvd instructions thinking it might be a cache
issue.  I have yet to turn the cache off.  it seems to me though that I
should be getting some exception with or without the cache enabled.

What am I doing wrong?  anyone know?  who knows how to use these
registers?

Just a thought, you're not fighting a user space process playing with those registers?

The other is to look at GDB using hardware debug registers on a user process.

Andrew