Re: 6.0 NEWS; tls tests on gdb-6?

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:45:52 -0400, Andrew Cagney <ac131313@redhat.com> said:

>> I wouldn't advertise the C++ stuff: what's in 6.0 won't make a
>> difference to users.  It's not really going to make a difference
>> until nested type support gets fully implemented, and that isn't
>> even in the mainline yet, let alone 6.0.

> Is it more robust?

I don't recall changes that would make it much more robust, and a
quick scan of GNATS didn't remind me of any big changes.  There have
been some small bug fixes, but no more than in other areas of GDB's
code.

Actually, the main robustness side effect of my C++ work has probably
been the Java support; it might be worth saying something like

  A long-standing bug involving Java and dynamic libraries has been
  fixed.  Support for Java debugging remains minimal, however.

David Carlton
carlton@kealia.com