Re: Using gdb with Borland's free compiler?

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 09:23:29AM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>>MinGW is not even one of our supported platforms; you would have to
>>to talk to the MiNGW folks about that.
>
>Given the regular MinGW questions, perhaphs it should be?

If wishes were horses...

Someone actually has to do the work.  I'll certainly review it but I'm not
going to do it.

So far the basic problem with just using cygwin's gdb seems to be lack
of understanding of MS-DOS paths.  It should be doable to fix up gdb to
understand those better in the cygwin port, if that was the only
problem.

The alternative is to fix readline, fix bfd, and make many other
accommodations for a non-UNIX MinGW environment.

As far as Borland is concerned, I would be surprised if it used a
debugging format that gdb knows about so there would be another hurdle
to getting it working.  It would be wonderful to have gdb understand
MSVC windows debug format, though.

cgf