Re: filtering of commands during async operation

Jim Ingham writes:
 > The all the targets we support in Apple's  version of gdb are async -
 > including the Mach-O native target.  It took a bunch of mucking around
 > to get it working (and to get things like commands that run the target
 > working).  And I am pretty sure that I broke the remote async in the
 > process, however, there were a couple of hacks in there (marked as such
 > in the code) that messed us up and I didn't have the patience at the
 > time to make both work...
 >
 > So I would need to do some clean-up before our code would be ready for
 > submission, but as a proof of concept it might be useful to folks, and
 > in our system it works pretty well.

It seems to have become some kind of a pattern that somebody other
than Apple is going to merge Apple's changes with the FSF mainline.  Is
there any way to get another snapshot/tarball (like it was done in Dec
2001)?  Maybe somebody will volunteer, even though this approach is
suboptimal.

elena