RE: regarding transparent data ranges (in tracepoint support)

ankit -

My feeling (i.e. imho) is that the engineer should be able to get at
tracepointed data at any time.

To me tracepointed data provides an historical "trail" of what occurred
during the execution of the inferior.  The engineer needs to be able to
"see" that data while the inferior is running and after the inferior
stops.

When the operator specifies a time slice (via a tfind) then only the
data collected should be available to that engineer.  Anything else that
he/she would see would be from a different time slice.  I realize that
transparent data should not change - but the engineer may be looking to
see if it did change inappropriately.  If the engineer wants to "see"
that transparent data it should have been collected.  (Which leaves open
the question of whether or not an engineer should be able to collect
transparent data).

                                               Mark Newman