Re: MI command -stack-list-locals

>  > We've added a "2" version of -stack-list-locals which prints out a lot
>  > more information, as well as automatically creates varobj's for all of
>  > the local variables.
>
> Do these variable objects get deleted and replaced with a new set every
> time the current frame changes? Does that not slow down the user interface?

For us, it will be slow.  For example, some variables are "volatile" or
can be map to some register or memory.  So you do not want to inadvertly
query them when doing:

-var-update *
-var-update var1

The Eclipse/CDT/MI  use the fact that -stack-list-locals is not creating
varobj(lightweight) to allow users to pick and choose which variable to monitor.
This can be an issue when debugging a board, where you want to be less intrusive
or when having a very high number of variables in a stackframe.

For adding the type in the output, it is a good idea.  So I will not
have to issue a second "whatis" and "ptype", cuts down on the traffic.

My 0.0002 cents canadian.