Re: C++/Java regressions

Good morning,

I see the same regressions that David does.  This happened in all
my gcc-3 configurations.  If you want a specific configuration:

  target = native, host = i686-pc-linux-gnu, osversion = red-hat-8.0
  gdb = HEAD 2003-11-25 04:21:57 UTC
  gcc = 3.3.2
  binutils = 2.14
  glibc = 2.2.93-5-rh
  gformat = dwarf-2
  glevel = 2

I have two issues.

=== Issue #1: the demangler changed its interface.

The demangler used to return parameters all the time, but now it looks
like it returns parameters only if DMGL_PARAMS is given.

This change did not happen with "complete rewrite".  It happened
with the followup patch:

    2003-11-22  Ian Lance Taylor  <ian@wasabisystems.com>

    * cp-demangle.c (d_encoding): Add top_level parameter.  Change all
    callers.
    (print_usage): Display new -p option.
    (long_options): Add --no-params.
    (main): Accept and handle -p.

So the questions are:

(A) Does gdb want to keep getting the parameters?
    (My answer: yes we do).

(B) If we want the parameters, should we change gdb to set DMGL_PARAMS,
    or should we ask the demangler to keep giving us the parameters with
    our existing flags, which is usually just DMGL_ANSI?  (My answer:
    let Ian tell us what the interface actually is, and then we'll adapt
    gdb to match).

=== Issue #2: "unsigned" versus "unsigned int"

The new demangler prints "unsigned int" in some places where the old
demangler prints "unsigned".

This is fine.  I updated gdb.cp/templates.exp to accept "unsigned int".

Michael C