reading DWARF

Hi,

sorry for the posting that may be bit off-topic here,
but i didn't find anything googling for it and think
it may best fit here:

I search for a library that helps me interpret the
content of the .debug* sections in an ELF file.
I'd like to use this in own programs.

Does anybody know of a library that lets me interpret
the DWARF content of the debug sections?

Thanks for any hints,
Torsten.