Re: new demangler

On 15 Dec 2003 18:10:36 -0500, Ian Lance Taylor <ian@wasabisystems.com> said:

> `maint demangle' only works for me when I explicitly run gdb on a
> C++ program.  When I do specify a C++ program, it appears to work
> correctly.

Ah, I see.  Now I'm getting it to work correctly with 'maint
demangle', too.

So is there a problem with the way class_name_from_physname invokes
the demangler?  It does this:

  char *demangled_name = cplus_demangle (physname, DMGL_ANSI);

Compared to other places in GDB where the demangler is called, this is
unusual since DMGL_PARAMS isn't passed in as well, but I don't see why
that would cause the demangling to fail completely.

David Carlton
carlton@kealia.com