Re: new demangler

David Carlton <carlton@kealia.com> writes:

> On 15 Dec 2003 18:23:22 -0500, Ian Lance Taylor <ian@wasabisystems.com> said:
>
> > Here's the patch.
>
> Thanks!  Now, when I demangle that name with just DMGL_ANSI, I get
> "C::CClass::operator=".  Am I going crazy, or was there once '()'
> stuck on the end of that?

Hmmm, I doubt there was ever '()' at the end.  I would expect to see
`(C::CClass const&)' at the end.

Note that the old V3 demangler ignored DMGL_PARAMS--it effectively
assumed that DMGL_PARAMS was always passed, so your code used to
always get the parameter types.  Now you have a choice.  It is
slightly more efficient to demangle strings without passing
DMGL_PARAMS, but of course then you don't get any information on
parameter types.

I don't know which you actually want.  If you want the parameter
types, you need to pass DMGL_PARAMS.

Ian