Re: migchain 0.8, migbat 0.8 available

Daniel Jacobowitz writes:
> The very easiest way is to create a gcc->cc symlink and put it in the
> front of your path.

I did some experiments along this line last week.  I created some
directories: gcc-is-bundled_cc; gcc-is-ansic; gcc-is-acc; and so on.

It's more than a symlink because the HP-UX compilers do not understand
all the same options as gcc.  Specifically, the bundled cc does not
accept "-g".  My current implementation is a little shell script that
filters the options and then calls the hp-ux compiler.  The shell script
will probably be most painful for the bundled cc (which is not even
ANSI) and very simple for unbundled ansi-c and ac++.

Actually, the more I look at it, the less bletcherous it looks.  I just
needed to catch my breath with migchain/migbat and broom out all the
half-dead stuff in my work area.

I'll pursue this.

> Or you can edit dejagnu's unix.exp to say
> set_board_info compiler  "blah/cc";
> set_board_info c++compiler  "blah/aCC";

Beyond the name of the compiler, there are the options.  In this route,
I think I have to replace default_target_compile with
hpux_bundled_target_compile, hpux_ansic_target_compile, and
hpux_acc_target_compile.

It will be really great to run the test suite with the hp-ux compilers
because that will increase test coverage, which means more code in both
gdb and the test suite that will be open to upgrading.

Michael C