[HEADS UP] SPARC branch coming to mainline

Folks,

I've spent the last few days on the rough edges of my SPARC branch.
There are still some improvements to be made, but I can do those
better with things integrated into mainline.  So I intend to move
things over to mainline this weekend.

The new code includes support for the following platforms:

sparc-*-*		SPARC (a.out/COFF/ELF/etc.)
sparc-*-linux*		32-bit GNU/Linux
sparc-*-netbsd*		NetBSD/sparc
sparc-*-solaris2*	32-bit Solaris 2
sparc64-*-*		UltraSPARC (a.out/COFF/ELF/etc.)
sparc64-*-freebsd*	FreeBSD/sparc64
sparc64-*-linux*	64-bit GNU/Linux
sparc64-*-netbsd*	NetBSD/sparc64
sparc64-*-solaris2*	64-bit Solaris 7, 8, 9
sparcv9-*-soalris2*	64-bit Solaris 7, 8, 9

NetBSD/sparc64 and 64-bit GNU/Linux haven't received the extensive
testing that the other platforms have.  However, "break main, run"
works, and probably a lot more than that.  I also haven't tested an
embedded target.

For the generic sparc-*-* and sparc64-*-*, there is only target
support.  For the others there is full target, host and native
support.

As a result of the merge, support for the following platforms will be
lost:

sparc-*-lynxos*		LynxOS
sparc-*-sunos4*		SunOS 4

It looks like there haven't been any LynxOS releases for SPARC for
quite some time now; the LynuxWorks website doesn't mention it except
for a press release from 1995.  It shouldn't be too hard to revive
SunOS 4; most of the code should be there.

Mark