Re: handling of absolute source file paths (feature wish/implementationidea)

Hmm, maybe, but most places that I can think of would want either
solib, or source, but not both.  --with-sysroot just sets solib, also.
I have no idea what it ought to do with debug...

If it is ment to act like chroot, then it should. That way it is at least simple and consistent - it replaces the top-level root. People can then refine the behavior using other path commands.

Now what would be really nice would be a manual chapter referencing all
of these.

(although an immediate source-absolute-prefix shouldn't hurt).

BTW, wasn't there a mechanism for editing/replacing part of the source prefix added, or did that get lost?

Now that sounds like a great idea.  I can't see it in the source,
though, and it doesn't ring a bell.

Here is a starter: pathmap semantics issues http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2000-11/msg00319.html there doesn't appear to be a patch?

Andrew