Re: Problems with building [gdb 6.0]

[reply-to set]
On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 12:15:09AM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 10:43:09AM +0100, Roland Zerek wrote:
>>I am writting this letter after few times I was trying to build gdb 6.0
>>from sources.  The environment is as follows:
>>*) operating system: winXP home edition
>>*) compiler: gcc 3.2 (CYGWIN 2.249.2.5)
>>
>>It goes quite well for some time and then throws problems.  Although I
>>understand messages, I have no idea of how to solve problems reported.
>>The log of gdb build can be found at
>>http://rolandz.fm.interia.pl/gdblog.html
>>
>>Please anyone help me...  TIA
>
>Try building in a directory with no spaces in the pathname.  I don't
>konw if that's supposed to work, but judging from the error messages,
>it looks like it doesn't.

It should work but it is a frequent cause for complaint on cygwin, not
for anything to do with cygwin, but because most people on UNIX don't use
directories with spaces and so there are unknown assumptions in the build
process.  Of course, Windows loves to use directories with spaces in them.

And, btw, that's not a valid cygwin version number.  You can find the
version by typing 'uname -s'.

cgf