Re: Branch created for inter-compilation-unit references

> From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin@dberlin.org>
> Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:07:16 -0500
>

> > A comparison is reasonable (and it isn't ment to degrate SSA or GCC).
> > If the HP merge were to have been handled correctly it would have
> > turned into a project of size and logistics comparable to SSA.  That,
> > I think, is getting out of control.
>
> Then you are sorely mistaken.
> If you think the SSA branch is an example of a  bad thing, i fear for
> gdb development.

Don't fear.

I think you are reading too much into Andrew's comments, and therefore
miss his point.  As I understand what Andrew says, he simply is afraid
that merging large modifications brings a danger of repeating past
mistakes such as the HP merge.  I think the point is valid, and we
should be aware of that danger so that the problems don't repeat.