Re: IA-64 defect in gdb, any comments what could be the problem

Deepak,

Looking at your output, your Red Hat gdb release is really old. A number of fixes were made for the ia64 after the release of gdb you are using.

There is an errata for AS2.1 gdb available via rhn that I would suggest you look at:

https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2003-346.html

-- Jeff J.

Kotian, Deepak wrote:
Hi,

   We observed a problem on IA-64 Linux(AS 2.1) in backtrace.
   Please let us know, if there are any inputs .
   It dumps a core when doing where command.
   Problem log: problem-ia64.txt attached
   Target source file which dumps a core is : test.c

Thanks and Regards
Deepak