Re: [mips] When to use a proc_desc

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 05:56:46PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> >I'll need to study this further, however, look at HP/UX.
> >
> >That unwinder checks its equivalent PDR against the prologue, ticking each
> >register off as it is encountered.
>
> I think the long answer is the same -- look at HP/UX.  Fetch the PDR and
> then compare it against the instructions up-to $pc to see how many of
> those stores actually occured.

I think that defeats the point of having the proc_desc in the first
place.  If we're only going to acknowledge register saves that we can
'easily' find, then why bother reading any of this out of the proc_desc
at all?

That would man the only useful proc_desc would b one which said fewer
registers were saved than really were, i.e. you could use them to
terminate the backtrace but not much else.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz