backtrace from signal handler

I understand that a new backtrace mechanism was implimented (by andrew
cagney) in the mainline CVS version of GDB, are there any patche (or
patches) available for this? I would like to use them to backport to GDB
6.1. It fixes backtracing from signal handler. It also will solve a ton of
problmes wrt backtracing using GDB 6.1 on powerpc 64, coz mainline GDB
works well for debugging powerpc, but we are still using 6.1 level.

Thanks a ton
Manoj Iyer