RE: Debug a cross-compiled binary using GDB !!

                                ^^^
> arm-targetted and i386-linux-hosted.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

  I see you found out the answer to your last two posts for yourself!

> In my humble opinion, gdb couldn't
> execute arm-targetted binary on i386
> machine and probably I need a arm simulator or arm
> board connected to PC.

  Yes, you could use either a remote arm development board, or a software
simulator; gdb comes with a simulator built in.

> I think "target sim" has something to do with it. But
> can't find any information about "target sim". Can
> anyone help me or advice me what to do?

  Check the gdb texinfo files by doing "info gdb", then search for "target
sim".  Basically you just say "target sim" instead of "target remote" or
"target exec", then use commands like load, run, break, continue etc. as
normal.

> Or Is it possible to cross debug a application
> from within a i386 machine.

  It certainly ought to work.  Note however that the simulator will have no
notion of i/o hardware or similar.

    cheers,
      DaveK