Re: duplicate test names

> I'd obviously better fix the gdb.mi tests.  What of the others though,
> mind if I attack those, any I can skip?

I would be happy to see more test names be unique.

It hasn't bothered my test bed because my cruncher uniquifies the
test names as it reads them in.

I think the same guidelines apply here as indentation changes or
PARAMS removal or stuff like that:

. make a patch that has only test name changes.
  don't even do gdb_test_multiple upgrades in the same patch.
  you can include copyright updates if it's just a date bump,
  and remove the old bug-gdb@prep.ai.mit.edu addresses,
  but i do these things in separate patches just to be pure.

. figure out a reasonable way to test the patch, like a
  before-and-after test run, diff'ing the results.  it's too
  bad that the result counts won't be the same (they always
  vary slightly).

. post the huge patch and say how you tested it,

. wait 24 hours or longer if you want

If you do this, a patch to uniquify test names is pre-approved.

Michael C