Re: Compiling error

>>> I couldn't find this sgtty.h neither in gdb nor in MSYS, MinGW
>>> or Cygwin. What else do I need to compile gdb on Windows?
>>> Or should I take the DJGPP road?
>>
>>The DJGPP port will build, allright (provided that you follow the
>>instructions in gdb/config/djgpp/README), but the resulting gdb.exe
>>will be unable to debug anything but DJGPP programs.  So this is not
>>what you want.
>
>Even with DJGPP you can run configure and --target=powerpc-elf32
>seemed to work fine. There were some files missing from the official
>source package but after adding them make finished fine and produced
>a gdb.exe. But that didn't seem to work as expected (unknown symbol
>type when reading a symbol file, network didn't seem to work either).
>
>So if I need a cross-target gdb (running on win32, debugging ppc) is
>the MinGW variant the only one that works? I thought that there are
>also cygwin versions of gdb... but maybe only win32-win32.
>I found the sgtty.h, it's in the glibc, so it may work ok if I install that
>as well. But I first try the MinGW one.

So I tried (and fiddled a lot!) again with MSYS and MinGW and got
a gdb.exe. But it has the same problems as the one I built with DJGPP.

This is the official http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/gdb-5.2.1-1-src.tar.bz2,
configured with --target=powerpc-elf32.

GNU gdb 5.2.1
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-mingw32 --target=powerpc-elf32".
Setting up the environment for debugging gdb.
.gdbinit:5: Error in sourced command file:
No symbol table is loaded.  Use the "file" command.

(gdb) symbol-file n:/temp/ps2ism/ps2ism.x
Reading symbols from n:/temp/ps2ism/ps2ism.x...unknown symbol type 0x1e...done.

(gdb) target remote 127.0.0.1:10372
127.0.0.1:10372: Bad file descriptor.

So it doesn't seem to be able to read my binary (which the prebuilt gdb
has no problems with) and network seems also disfunctional. How can
I go on?

Thanks

bye  Fabi