Re: i18n mark-up

Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 16:12:09 -0400
From: Andrew Cagney <cagney@gnu.org>

Does anyone have any suggestions on how we should approach the task of marking up GDB's source for i18n?

Any reason why it shouldn't be done as for any other program?  That
is, use gettext tools to extract messages to a catalogue, then wrap
each message string in the sources with the _() macro call, and add
the rest of the infrastructure for the translated catalogues?

and all have been implemented as you suggest.

Well, almost. We've still got the tinyiest of tasks of marking up GDB's source with those _() macros :-)

Andrew